Congratulations on your engagement!
There will be many things to do during the next year or so, one of which will be selecting a florist. Here are some tips for making sure you find a florist who will work with you to bring your vision to life.
*Ask your friends and family for the names of a few reputable florists.
*Ask each florist to meet with you for a consultation.
*Be prepared to discuss your venue, theme, colors and ideas. Bring along photos of centerpieces and bouquets that you like. I like to create a Pinterest board for every bride with all of her ideas and any photos I find. We share the board so we can both see everything that the other adds.
The more information you give to a potential florist, the more accurate your proposal will be.
- How many bridesmaids and groomsmen will you have?
- How many corsages will you need (mothers, aunts, grandparents)?
- Will there be a flower girl and ring bearer?
- How do you envision the ceremony décor?
- Do you want flowers (or any décor) for the cocktail hour?
- How many guests do you anticipate?
- Will there be a sweetheart table (bride and bridesmaid bouquets can be used for head table décor!)
- How many centerpieces do you anticipate needing?
- What types of flowers do you envision? Are those flowers in season at the time of your wedding? You can prepare for your initial consultation by visiting the following website!
Your florist will be able to help you to make flower selections that are in season in your area. If your flower selections have to be flown in from other areas of the country or from another country, this will drive up your wedding costs.If you have a particular color palette in mind, you can allow your florist to select flowers based on this color palette. There are so many variables with flowers and sometimes florists need to make substitutions. Working within a color palette, rather than with particular types of flowers, allows your florist to make cost effective substitutions if the need arises.
Lastly, your florist should be warm and friendly and should demonstrate that he/she is fully invested in you and your wedding. This person will be like a part of your family for the next six months so make sure there is good chemistry between you!!
Earth Laughs in Flowers –Henry David Thoreau
Check out our website at: http://www.duchessflorals.com
Read reviews of Duchess Florals at: http://www.thumbtack.com/Duchess-Florals-North-Brunswick-NJ/service/1161718
Follow us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/candicecreations
Visit our Etsy shop at: http://www.etsy.com/shop/duchessflorals